Lydia's Tesimony

My Testimony is the one thing in my life that stands firm in these troubled times. It is the one thing that I am absolutely certain of. I know without a doubt that the gospel of Jesus Christ is true. I believe that Joseph Smith truly did see Heavenly Father and Jesus. How grateful I am that the truth was restored and that I have at my fingertips the Book of Mormon, the ancient record that the Lord wanted for our times. When I think of the Prophets of Old taking such great pains to chisel into stone those things they felt were precious for our day, I cannot deny that the record is true. I feel such a powerful confirmation of it’s truthfulness each time I earnestly read and study the Book of Mormon. I know it is another witness of Jesus Christ.

I am eternally grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I know it is real. I have felt it work in my life and help me to forgive and overcome things that I know I could not have on my own. I know the Lord cares about me. I know he would leave the ninety-and-nine in search of me. I know he loves me and hears me when I call on his name, just as he heard the people of the Brother of Jared when they cried to him for help as the storms raged and the waves tossed them down to the bottom of the ocean. The Lord heard them and lifted them back to the surface and sent them on to the Promise Land. He has done that for me; he has lifted me when I have been down. I know he wants to help and bless me.

I am grateful for the order and organization of the Church. I know it is inspired. I am thankful for the opportunities the Lord gives me to serve. I know we have a true and living Prophet on the earth. I know he is the Lords mouth-piece. I know the temple is the House of the Lord, and that the sealing Priesthood Power allows families to be eternal. I know the Priesthood Power of God is on the earth. I have witnessed through sacred blessings that it is real.

I know that when I keep the commandments I am blessed, often with the happiness that comes from doing what is right. Although I do not fully understand every aspect of the gospel, I have faith that I someday will. This helps me not to worry too much about the things that are not yet clear. I know the Lord is behind all things, and that there is purpose in every thing he does. I know my life is a gift and that there is a plan and purpose for each of us. I am thankful for my body, even thought it is sometimes hard to take care of and control. I am thankful for the great gift of agency, and I pray that the choices I make each day will lead me to my Heavenly Father’s eternal love and happiness. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Lydia Romney Stewart

5 comments:

Marci said...

This is a beautiful site. Thank you for sharing your testimonies. I hope to have more people see this and learn from it.

Unknown said...

BEAUTIFUL! What a wonderful idea! Thank you so much for sharing your testimony with me. It strengthened me to read your words of hope and love. You have such a solid and personal relationship with your Father. You're amazing!

Mark&Noelle Taylor said...

you inspired me to add a link to mine

Brittanie said...

This is a beautiful idea. I love it. I knew there was a reason I missed you! (hugs)

Momma Kaye said...

You are such good examples. Thanks for sharing your testimonies. We love you!